Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Diamonds on the red carpet, how original

Happy 2015! Its a new year full of possibilities, hope, weight loss, personality changes, and the reign of diamonds as the gem of choice for all celebrities. Well, the last one is true if anything.

As I was watching the Red Carpet for the Golden Globes this year, I was extremely underwhelmed with the lack of eventful jewelry. Sure Naomi Watts in the snake Bulgari necklace was fun, but not a huge statement. Who doesn't love diamonds?? I am very guilty of it, but come on people! Where is your sense of adventure?! I saw a nice handful of beautiful gowns in yellow and chartreuse, like Naomi was wearing. How about Emerald green? Or a classic dark blue Sapphire? That would have looked amazing, and taken her look to a whole new level.
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2015011/rs_634x1024-150111161450-634.Naomi-Watts-Jewelry-Golden-Globes-Red-Carpet-011115.jpg


The only color stones I saw that stood out were Emily Blunt in her Black Opal and diamond chandelier earrings. Very lovely! Effortless, unique, and still classic. Thank you Emily!

http://www.allure.com/images/beauty-trends/2015/01/golden-globes-2015-emily-blunt.jpg

Also Jennifer Aniston in her yellow gold and Onyx chandelier earrings. Not so modern, or on trend, but at least it was something unique. It didn't work too well with her halter neckline. Maybe a stud or cuff earring! You know, something from this decade. Although, its Jen, I can't be mad at her for anything.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2015012/rs_634x1024-150112111035-634-jennifer-aniston-golden-globes-jewelry.jw.11215.jpg


Don't get me started on the "too cool for jewels" look. I'm looking at you Katie Holmes.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/thr_style_news_image/2015/01/katie_holmes_horiz.jpg


I did notice a lot of stud clip on style. The women who rocked this look are Tina Fey (who can do no wrong in my book) and Claire Danes. Claire went with beautiful clip-on style earrings. They were a nice change, but for some reason just not right. Maybe her blue sparkly eye shadow didn't help, but these earrings are more matronly than a fashion statement. I do appreciate the attempt though! If I saw one more diamond chandelier earring, I would have screamed, so thanks for sparing me that agony.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2478454/thumbs/o-CLAIRE-DANES-facebook.jpg


 I do have to give a shout out to Amy Poehler for going big with that great Irene Neuwirth labradorite statement necklace. It really made Amy memorable, aside from her hilarious intro with Tina Fey.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2479502/thumbs/o-TINA-FEY-AMY-POEHLER-facebook.jpg

Over all, these are all beautiful women, who are immensely talented and should not be judged on their appearance or what they wear. I am more concerned with the range of the stylists of these brilliant woman. There are more than diamonds in this world, and they are much more exciting and memorable. Hit me up if you need some help, I know a great jeweler that has some amazing one of a kind pieces ;)

Here's hoping the up coming red carpets are just as stunning as the actors are themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment