Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Story of your life, in diamonds

Are you married? Do you have kids? Yes? Awesome, this article applies to you. Are you single? Do you have work or other successes in your life that you are proud of? Perfect, because this article is for you as well. I am talking about stackable bands people. I love this look, so much so that I am sporting it. I like the idea of wearing all my bands together to make it look like I have one giant custom piece of jewelry on. The best part of this "trend" is that it tells a story. A band for every child (this is what I'm going for), a band for every milestone in your marriage, a band for every new big account you landed (look at you Miss. fancy business mogul you), or a band for every time you walked into a jewelry store and found an adorable band that you just couldn't live without. Whatever the story of your life that you want to celebrate, this is a creative and fabulous way to commemorate that.

These are my personal stackable bands that I wear everyday. Ok lets start from right to left. 1. My wedding band 2. Engagement ring 3. Anniversary band (10 years together and 3 years married anniversary)/ Push present 4. Not my ring...yet... Look how good it looks with all my other bands! This picture is promptly getting sent to my husband.


You can go about this many ways. Three bands, two bands, five bands! Go nuts! I would probably say that once you start getting too close to your knuckle, and can no longer bend your finger, you have gone to far. Also don't be afraid that all the bands do not match. PLEASE make them all different styles! This is what makes the look work. If you do all three pave bands, it will still be lovely, but will defeat the purpose of the look of rings that you collected over time. Here is one photo that I just stumbled upon Pinterest (my addiction btw, you will find me pinning at all hours of the day).

http://relaxdeco.com/2013/12/01/engagement-ring-wedding-band-a-band-for-each-childs-birth-each-different-and-unique-love-this-idea/

See how she has four different bands, all different styles and one is even sans diamonds (gasp!), but this is fabulous. Also, if you are not in the mood to sport your giant rock, you could just wear the bands alone. Who are we kidding, we all would wear that beautiful emerald cut diamond everyday of our lives if we owned that bad boy! Stunning!

You should not limit yourself to all one color of metal either. Go all yellow or all white, or mix and match with some rose gold. If you want to have some color stones in there as well, go for it. Are you sensing a pattern here? Be bold! Don't be afraid, and be adventurous. Try something like this..
Yellow, with white, AND rose gold? Love. 

My goal is to get one for every child I am going to have. When I have more children, I will keep you posted on my ring collection. Until then, have fun with this trend and mix and match. When you invest in nice, good quality pieces, they will last you a lifetime and will each represent a great moment in your life. 

1 comment: