Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Well hello there people of the internet

This is my very first blog post, and I'm super excited! I want this to be a fun blog that will be a place you can come to learn about jewelry, fashion, motherhood, makeup, and silly cat photos (of course). A little about me. I am the eldest of 3 girls (its a good thing our father is a jeweler). I am married to my best friend, whom I met in high school but didn't start dating until we started college so I don't think that makes us high school sweethearts but either way, we have a love for each other that is more than I ever thought I was going to get in this lifetime. We have an adorable little boy, whom we have declared to be a genies (he will be the next Einstein, Hemingway, or Seinfeld one day, I'm sure of it). I am also a jeweler! Amazing right? I'm not the "I purchased a beading kit from Target" kind of jeweler (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I am the real ruby, surrounded by real diamonds, set in real gold, made by a real hand kinda jeweler. I have a degree from GIA, and BS in Business from UCR, as well a degree of "Watching and learning from my dad and uncles" my entire life. The good ol' fashion way a jeweler was made, by apprenticeship.

I run a retail and wholesale jewelry business in Southern California WITH my family. Do I deserve a medal, yes. Is there an honorary Nobel Prize for working with your family, and not having a break down...I sure hope so. All joking aside, we are a huge family that loves each other very much and the jewelry business.

Ok enough about that, lets look at some diamonds shall we?



So these are Black Opal and Diamond earrings. They are FAB-U-LOUS. I think there is no other way to describe them. A lot of people don't really know too much about Opals, but they are the hot gemstone of the moment. They have been making a huge splash on the Red Carpet, so you know we all want to wear them now. Jennifer Hudson wore Opal and diamond earrings similar to these at the 2013 Oscars, and Cate Blanchett wore amazing Chopard opal earrings at the 2014 Oscars. Opals come in a variety of colors from this blueish black, to white with orange/red and green streaks, and even bright orange (commonly known as a Mexican Fire Opal). Don't be afraid to be a little adventurous and branch out and wear these beautiful gems! 




No comments:

Post a Comment